Sunday, July 15, 2012

Multiple Blessings!

Hurry up and wait.. That has been Seth and I's theme, it seems, from the day we got married. We both believe God has called us to the ministry, but have been waiting for God to fulfill that promise for almost 5 years. Let me tell you, it has been a long 5 years at times! Add into that the longing of wanting to start a family and you get yourself a whole big pot of stress, sadness, loneliness, and feelings of failure. But God is still good. Sometimes I get so focused on what God hasn't given me that I completely miss out on the amazing blessings He so graciously has given me!
For starters, my salvation. What an amazing God we serve. To take a wretched, selfish, sinful human being - with no good in and of myself, and make me a child of His! Can you even fathom that?! There are days that I cannot - which is what makes God, God. Do I realize without God's mercy and grace that I would still be living in my dreadfulness, looking to spend an eternity separated from the love of God? I Peter 1:3 (ESV) "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." How amazing is that? God sent His only perfect, righteous Son to die for the very people that wanted to murder Him?! Because of Christ not only dying for my sin, but rising again, I can have a living hope. If that isn't enough to have me on my knees thanking God every day, I don't know what will.
The second greatest thing other than my salvation is my husband, Seth. I could not have imagined a more perfect match for me. No matter how selfish I am, or how many times I sin against him with my words, he forgives me. He is so wise and is such a godly leader, I know one day he will make an amazing father. He is truly my best friend.
Another amazing blessing is my family. I was blessed to be raised by godly parents who instilled in me biblical truths and the value of honest, hard work. My parents taught me many things, not just by their words, but by their actions. Not only has God abundantly blessed me with them, but my second set of parents I got the day I married Seth. They have been godly examples as well. We  have also welcomed 8 nieces and nephews into our lives! What a wonderful gift that has been! It is such a blessing to be an auntie. 
There are so many more blessings that I could list, but I think you get the point! I am one lucky girl. I have a great confidence in my Heavenly Father that one day I will hold my own child in my arms whether biologically or through the amazing blessing of adoption, but until that day I will remember God is good all the time - not just when He gives me what I want!

3 comments:

  1. Amen!!! What a blessing to read this Jewels!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Jewel! What good reminders.

    ReplyDelete